Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Next Trip Belgium+ in May

My next trip originates from another work trip to Belgium. I will be leaving early in May and gone the rest of the month as I am going to piggyback a trip to Germany off the need to be there to teach class.  Basically after class is over on the second Friday I am going to take a train to Luxembourg and spend the night there. After a bit of time in town I will take another train to Munich where I am going to rent a car and drive down into the Bavarian region near Neuschwanstein Castle.  As most of you know by now I am very much into castles and the Bavarian region offers several, some of very spectacular style.  Also during the trip I hope to get to the Black Forest region as well as getting into Austria for a day.

In the first weekend between class weeks I will probably try to visit Amsterdam as it is only a quick train ride away.  I realize the tourist reasons for visiting Amsterdam are generally centered on the red light district but that is not really why I want to go. Either way I am sure I will make it a fun day for myself.

So basically my expectations are to be able to visit 4 more countries I haven't visited before on the trip. Yes, a couple of them will be very brief. All the same I will be able to see things on my pace anyway. If need be I can stay overnight in Amsterdam that first weekend.

I am quite looking forward to it.

No comments: