Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hong Kong for Business Day 12

Not a ton to report today in the early going. It was of course another day of class and that was basically all well and good. I had cold chicken and rice for lunch with the class. One of my teams broke their machine just before lunch and I had to run back to the office to get it fixed before lunch was over. Fortunately I figured out how to fix it fairly quickly and all was well and good.

After class was over a bunch of people from Hologic got together for dinner. We went to a restaurant called The Pawn because it used to be a pawn shop apparently somewhere back in the 1800s.  The food was good. I had a parma ham salad for starter and lamb prepared 3 ways for for the main. I had one Stella for a beer and then for dessert I had a chocolate and coffee mousse accompanied with a coffee.

The restaurant was on Hong Kong island we took the Central line to Admiralty stop and then switched over to the Wan Chai line (I think) we took one stop there and then were basically at the restaurant. We took the trains back to the hotel as well. It was fairly simple.  There were 8 of us for dinner and it was good to meet some people from the company I hadn't met before.

I am still working with travel on getting my flight home sorted out. I've opened up more options so hopefully things will have progressed by the end of the day for the travel department in the US.  That means hopefully they will wake me up tonight with news.

The couple pictures from today are found here.

No comments: