Monday, March 14, 2011

Hong Kong for Business Day 10

Today started out much the same as the rest of the work days with an early rise and breakfast in the executive lounge. We made it to the office and started the day out fairly well. I bring my camera to the office every day and today looked to be sunny in general so I tried to bring it out to get some pictures during lunch with hopefully a bit better light than I had gotten last week.  I took a picture of the drunken chicken with rice that we had for lunch. The chicken was cold and hacked on the bone in the traditional Chinese style. I think the overhead clouds rolled in just in time for us to eat and left as soon as I started up class again.  All the same we made it through the rest of the day.  Just before I left I emailed with Kate and we agreed to get dinner together.

When I dropped my stuff off at the hotel I had to figure out how to get down her way. I had to take the Central line from Mong Kok station much the same as the night I went out with Jack. The difference is I needed to get out at Tsim Sha Tsui instead of Central. It was a couple stops less and a fair amount of time easier. We had sort of set up a meeting place and after a few minutes of wandering around she managed to find me.  We walked through the Tsim Sha Tsui region for a bit and I let her decide what to eat. She decided she was a bit tired of Chinese and wanted to eat Italian as we stumbled across a place named Al Dente. It was small and very quiet for a restaurant in Hong Kong which was nice. She ordered a seafood pasta dish and I had the penne alla puttanesca.  It unfortunately wasn't very spicy but it wasn't bad really.  I had a Perroni to go along with the pasta.  She thought her dish was spicy so I apparently ordered wrong.

After we had dinner we walked out to the harbor and wandered around the area for a while talking and taking pictures. We even ended up back at the Avenue of Stars. I didn't bother to retake the pictures of the hand prints though.  After a bit more wandering she dropped me off at the subway station where we said goodnight. I had to manage my way back up the Tsuen Wan line to Mong Kok station and then back out and through the pedestrian overpasses to Grand Century Place and the hotel.  I got back at about 10:50 or so and got this penned up as quick as I could before heading to bed.

The pictures from today are located here.

No comments: