Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hong Kong for Business Day 13

Today was breakfast and class as per the rest for the early day. I had a really unenjoyable lunch of a turkey sandwich that was very dry even with the mayonnaise.  The class went well enough. It was the students' last real day of class. I made them fix things I broke then I handed them their tests to complete for tomorrow so it should be a really easy day for them all on Friday.

After class I went back to the room and got cleaned up. Henri and Priscilla were visiting as it was John's last night in town so I chatted with them before I had to head downtown to meet Kate. We met at the Tsim Sha Tsui station and then walked to the harbor to see the light show. I took a couple segment videos of it.  It was neat but not necessarily anything spectacular. After that we decided to get something to eat. She wanted Pizza Hut so I obliged.  She had a broccoli, cheese and potato dish and I had the Diavolo pizza which was sausage mushrooms and red peppers. It was good enough I guess. The nice thing about restaurants outside of the US is that you can sit there and talk forever after you are done and they won't try to rush you out. So that's basically what we did and left around 10:30pm or so. The light show started at 8 and was done about 15 minutes later.  So I figure it was a two hour stop in a Pizza Hut. After we got outside it was raining and quite late. She has an early morning flight and needed to get packed still and I had to get back to sort out flight changes and get some sleep for the class tomorrow.

When I got back to the room I spoke to travel and they promise me I will have something before they go home tonight. I realize it is a balancing act but I have said that being on standby for Saturday isn't going to work for me. I need to know I am on my way out. So she said she will have something and call me. I will try to make sure I can wake up and get things finalized rather than have to wait another day through to get in touch with them.  I will definitely have more information by tomorrow and will post that as an extra.

The picture of my pizza can be found here.

No comments: