Thursday, December 09, 2010

Belgium for Business Day 6

I started out leaving the hotel a bit earlier in order get a train that departed before the ones I have been catching. Of course that meant that when I got to the line to purchase my ticket I was behind a woman who had lost something or needed something very difficult for the train services to provide which of course mean phone calls and filling out paperwork and everything that meant an interminably long wait. Fortunately I was able to get on an earlier train and made my way to the office earlier than I had the rest of the week. It basically mean that the lights would not turn on for 10 minutes after I arrived. Still, I like to be there before m students arrive.

The temperature was a touch warmer today which made waiting for the trains less difficult besides. Class today went well enough except I had 2 groups to do the same thing and one rocketed through it and the other wasn't done by the time we were supposed to head home for the evening. Keeping the faster group occupied proved difficult.

After class I rode the train into Brussels Central and headed to find a restaurant to eat at. I ended up eating at the Danish Tavern mainly because it didn't look empty. It is right by the main square near the Cathedral. I had a Grimbergen Brune along with the rack of lamb with beans and gratin potatoes.  The food was reasonable except maybe the lamb was overcooked. I enjoyed it nonetheless.

After dinner I walked back to the hotel to find my cards were not letting me in and had to go to the desk to get that sorted out. I was a bit peeved but the person at the desk was quick and pleasant enough. During my walk back I did take a few pictures of Brussels at night.

The pictures are posted here.

No comments: