Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Belgium for Business Day 4

Day 2 of the class started out at 6am as well with me being prepared and leaving a bit earlier. I had a badge to get into the office so if I was early, which I was, I would not have to sit outside in the cold, which I did not.

I got to the train station around 7:35 or so and found that the person who should be selling tickets was not around. The booth looked open but no one was there. A train was departing that I could take at 7:38 so I opted to just go and take it. When I successfully made it to Brussels-Noord I bought my ticket which counted for the distance I had traveled and on to Vilvoorde. I made it to the office before 8:30 including the walk from the train station.

I managed to take a couple pictures of the training room and lab.  I have posted. Today's class went well enough with the added benefit? that we had two technical malfunctions. We did manage to repair them but it ate up a lot of our time for the day.

After class I hung around speaking to some of the locals for a bit and eventually was given a ride to the train station.  From there I rode back into Brussels but went to Central instead of Luxembourg and found a restaurant to eat at.  I walked through the restaurant row near the Gros Markt and agreed to eat at the first place that asked me to come in. It was called Le Mouton D'or and it appeared to be run by Arabics of some sort. That said the food was actually fairly good. I started with an onion soup. I ordered vegetable soup but they were out so agreed to have the onion. I enjoyed it and the cheese was reasonably stringy.  For main course I had a rabbit in brown sauce. It looked a bit like chicken in flesh color but the bone structure was obviously not that of a bird. It tasted different than chicken as well. Perhaps a bit more gamey, but I quite liked it. I was down to the final bits before I managed to splash some of the brown sauce on myself. I thought I was going to get out unscathed at that point, but alas no. The rabbit was accompanied by some Belgian fries and I also had a Chimay beer, which was dark and very enjoyable. I have seen the bottles around town so I figured they were worth a shot. I enjoyed it.

From dinner I walked back to the hotel which took about 15 minutes and the settled in for the evening.

Since I took pictures of the office area and had multiple pictures of dinner there are more than one picture today.

The pictures are located here.

No comments: