Friday, December 17, 2010

Belgium for Business Day 13

I was able to get moving and to class quite easily. There was a light rain as I walked from the train station to the office but it wasn't much and it was a bit warmer than the previous few days so I didn't feel that it was that unpleasant a walk.

The class was in break/fix day where I break things and they fix them. They managed to get to 7 breaks fixed which is really good.  Most of the time I get 5.  Maybe because I only had 2 systems here versus 4 at home they were able to collaborate more.  In any event, I thought the day went well.

After class I was invited to the Christmas dinner for Hologic Belgium. The Chairman of the Board for our company comes out here each year and takes the office out to dinner. I got a ride from Joris. We were taken to a fondue restaurant that was not really near anything. The food was good. I didn't take any pictures for the crowd. The restaurant was not prepared for a nearly 60 person party.  We maybe managed to get 1 to 2 drinks apiece so no one appeared to get drunk.

After the dinner I got a ride near to Brussels and took a cab the rest of the way in. By the time I walked in the door it was nearly midnight. I was fairly tired.  All I could really do was gloss over emails and get to bed.  Again I had no pictures today.

No comments: