Saturday, May 28, 2011

Germany Day 7 Addendum

In my excitement about getting the some more pictures posted I forgot to describe the actual food I had for dinner. I had 2 Paulaner Roggen Dunkels. As far as I can tell a roggen is a rye beer.  That seems to be what it translated as because it was not barley and it was not wheat.  Not sure what else it could be.  The soup they served was a cream of asparagus. Out here they serve white asparagus so the soup was completely white. Not sure the fascination with the white stuff really. It is fresh asparagus season though so they serve it a lot right now. In the restaurant in Fuessen and the restaurant in Linderhof they had special asparagus menus for the season.  In any event, the soup was followed by a very nice garden salad lightly dressed with vinegar and oil and a few herbs. Next, the meal I chose was spaghetti Bolognese which is pasta with meat sauce of course. It was quite good. The pasta was not overcooked and the sauce was pleasant. I quite enjoyed it. After the pasta I had a coffee and a their dessert of the night which was a stracciatella mousse.  It was very tasty and I am glad I got it. I chose to get it because Juliano got it and said it was very good. I was thinking of being  good about eating and just getting the coffee.  After that was done Sabine convinced me to get another beer which was a good choice I think too.  All in all an excellent meal.  I think it is going to be hard for me to find better meals than I can get here at the Friedenshoehe.  For the record, Erich told Juliano the name of the place translates to “Higher Peace.”

No comments: