Friday, May 13, 2011

Belgium May 2011 Day 5

Today some trains were on time and some weren't. The class went well enough and we were basically all caught up by the end of the day so the rest of the week (being tomorrow) should work out quite well.  The students seem to be learning fairly well and they are a rather fun group so it has been good so far, even with the early issues.

Before getting back to the hotel I did a quick bit of shopping. After that I settled into the room for about an hour and had a Chimay blue or 2. I then walked downtown to meet George's niece Andrea and her boyfriend Youssef for dinner. They have been living in Brussels for a while now and when it was discovered I was visiting this was sort of arranged...

I met Andrea at the Bourse steps and she took me to the restaurant named Fin de Siecle (which means End of the World, but has a word play on hunger) where Youssef showed up a few minutes later. They were both very nice to me and the conversation was fun and interesting. I had a Chimay blue (irony of ironies) and the rabbit dinner at Andrea's suggestion. It was much better than the rabbit I had a couple days ago. It was not overcooked and very tasty. There weren't even too many bones to make it difficult to get the meat.  After dinner we all had dessert and I had a dame blanche and a coffee (which was by default an espresso) to go along. After eating dessert and chatting for a few more minutes we parted company and I headed on to my hotel which took about 20 minutes to walk to. It was a late night for me but I had a very good time.

The pictures from today can be found here. Again there aren't too many. That's Andrea and Youssef towards the end.

No comments: