Friday, June 01, 2012

Iceland Day 6

Those of us that were going to the Blue Lagoon got up and got the house cleaned and packed and such so that we could be ready for our bus at 9:30am. Dee wasn't going because I guess the spa water would be bad for her skin so she opted to just hit the town one last time while we all went off.

The bus ride was probably about an hour and fifteen minutes when combining the transfer and the like so we got to the Blue Lagoon around 10:45am or so.  The package we bought was inclusive of the bus rides to the place then on to the airport so we just pretty much needed to get in and get our towels and such then get head out to the hot spring. It was open air and the weather was again perfect such that it was a tad chilly after the pre soak shower but by the time you got in the water you forgot about that. They had a bar which you were allowed to buy 3 beers during your soak time. We bought 3 each except for Scott who doesn't drink beer.  We soaked for about an hour and fifteen minutes, maybe a bit longer. The place got continually more crowded as we stayed. The weather stayed perfect. After the soak we got cleaned up and ate lunch in the restaurant there which basically we got burgers for the speed of it.  They were good burgers at least.  After that it was on to the bus to the airport then all of that processing.

Our flight was basically on time, only a little late with the disorganized plane entry (I would prefer staged entry).  I watched two movies which basically took up the entire duration of the flight. First it was Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows which was not as good as the first one though was basically ok.  Then I watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo which was uncut and honestly entirely inappropriate for a plane ride but was a very good film. I was surprised it was as uncut as it was. I did enjoy it. Fortunately my neighbors weren't kids.

From there it was everyone saying their goodbyes at the airport then on back to home. Iceland was indeed a beautiful country. I am sure we benefited from the weather more than some might but all the same it was a great experience.  It was really nice to have a dark night time again though when I got back.

I do have a few pictures to get off the camera and upload and I will do that as soon as I can when I get home.

No comments: