Thursday, November 06, 2014

Peru Fall 2014 Day 13

The day started with me going to class yet again. Daniela had to do a little legwork for the immigration process as we received notice they wanted more documents from Peru so she met me after class was over and we finished that together.

We went to a restaurant called Il Cappuchino which does fixed menus everyday. I had a beef soup and a rolled beef entree with white rice. Daniela had the soup and rice with seafood.  The food was good though I thought a little bit salty.  The menu also included a drink, dessert and a coffee.  I had the carrot cake and Daniela had the mango cheesecake.  It was nice and not too expensive. Just a short distance off the main avenue.

After lunch we shopped for making some piqueos for the evening. Daniela's friend Janette, typically called J, was coming over to spend the evening catching up. J helped us get into the Amazon cruise so we had to at least talk about that.

For the snacks I made bruschetta by making some garlic toast in the oven and topping it with chopped tomatoes seasoned with parsley, oregano, pepper and salt.  I also made an olive tapenade of red and green olives seasoned with garlic, pepper and oregano.  This I left for people to serve themselves with a spoon and made more garlic bread and some untoasted slices off the baguette.  We also had cheese and olives to pick on. We bought 2 bottles of wine: Postales del Fin del Mundo cab malbec blend and The Little Penguin merlot.  Ok, so we bought the second one because of the name. It is an Australian vineyard.  It actually wasn't bad. We had the first one at Che Santiago so bought that to be on the safe side because we knew it would be ok and wasn't too spendy.

J showed up reasonably on time but for a few minutes of traffic which of course traffic is expected here in Lima.  Daniela knows J from when she started in the travel industry and credits her a lot with being the woman she is. She is a few years older than Daniela and I would say was completely her mentor.  We invited her in and immediately began talking about the cruise and a lot of other topics while we ate the picky food and drank wine.  We talked in English for a long portion of the night until they got to start talking about some business then they switched over to Spanish and I followed along as best as I could.  We went through both bottles of wine, the 3 bottles of Cuscena Roja we had and I drank my Barbarian Artesenal Brewery L.I.M.A. Pale Ale that we bought at Vivanda. It was a great IPA version with a reasonable citric bite.  I want to get a couple to bring home to share.

We called it a night at around midnight with J calling a safe taxi to take her home. I was fairly well tired by then.

The pictures from today are located here.

No comments: