Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Peru Fall 2014 Day 12

We woke up and got me ready for class and Daniela went to the office.  Class was similar to the day before.  We are covering basic verbs, gender and plurality right now.  I like very much that I have someone to ask questions and I think it possibly good I am being forced to speak in Spanish though I realize that my vocabulary is weak.  Again the class ran to 11am for a first break where I had some chocolate coconut cookies and coffee then back on to 1pm for the finish.

After class I headed straight to the office and Daniela went to the bank and I headed to the room and started to prepare our lunch/dinner for the evening.  We had bought some pork chops, eggplants and rice at the market and I cooked them today. I made the eggplants by salting and draining them after slicing them and piling a mix of tomato, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and oregano into layers between the eggplant. I probably should have peeled it but it was ok anyway.  The rice I cooked basic in the rice cooker. I am still not fully understanding how to use the device.  The pork I seasoned with garlic, salt, pepper and oregano and marinated in olive oil and some of the red wine we still had leftover.  The food came out decent enough if it wasn't quite my best meal ever.  We finished off the bottle of wine too.

After a while we went out and got dessert in the form of handmade ice cream at the market at a place called La Fiorentina which uses and Italian gelato recipe.  The texture of the ice cream was awesome. I had apple and blue sky which was a sort of vanilla flavor. Daniela had apple and ginger flavors. They mostly have fruit flavors, especially exotic fruits from the country of Peru.  As with so many places, we went in and all of a sudden a lot of other people showed up too.

We headed back to the room and I tried to get a copy of Maleficent to watch but I ran into a few snags.  While attempting to do so I listened to the Bruins game on the internet. They won by a Brad Marchand goal in overtime.  After the game was over we watched a movie called Chef with John Favreau.  It was an accident I got it but we both actually liked it a lot. Daniela wants to rewatch it with subtitles though to get a few of the dialogues a little bit better.  After the movie was over we went to bed.

The pictures from today are found here.

No comments: