Sunday, June 15, 2014

APAC Training Trip 2014 Day 20 – Hong Kong Day 5

I was able to wake up somehow even though I was very tired and I got ready and made it to breakfast by 7 where Don was already there. We made it to the last day of class for this week with a fair amount of time to spare even though we left later than we had. Class started on time and I ran though a segment I teach with my own students until lunch time. We had lunch at a place called Toms Bar and Grill which specializes in Thai food and I had a Thai yellow curry with beef. The waiter said it wasn't spicy and brought me a couple samples of spicy. I tried and used the "special spicy" and it was just at the limits of my tolerance. We had a coffee after the meal then it was back to class where I taught the same segment to Don's class then went on to have a 30th birthday cake for Bong then to finish up a few things and we basically still left at 5:30pm. This time we didn't take the same bus to University but took a mini bus to Sha Tin and then rode the train back to Mong Kok East from there. This was at the suggestion of Bong who rode back with us.

I think I got back around 6:30 all the same. Daniela and I got packed for the trip to Beijing and then walked around a bit before settling into the Executive Club lounge to have snacks and drinks. After that we transferred some luggage to Don's room so we wouldn't have to take it all to Beijing then spoke to the concierge and settled up for this part of the Hong Kong visit then headed out to the Lady's Market where Daniela exchanged a dress she bought then bought a pair of New Balance running shoes for the coming days. She really didn't have appropriate shoes for tours.  After we got in it was very late and we called it a night expecting an early start for the airport.  


The pictures from Hong Kong day 5 can be found here.

No comments: