Thursday, June 05, 2014

APAC Training Trip 2014 Day 13 - Japan Day 13

I woke up late honestly. Since we had been out late it was a bit difficult to wake up especially after the second late night in a row. I met Han and we rode out to the training center and arrived on time anyway.  This was to the be last day of class and we had a handful of different things to go over. I managed to get the most major components finished before lunch which started at about 12:15. I had some sort of chicken and vegetable stew that was a little spicy and rice.  After lunch we covered a bunch of smaller components that took us to about 3pm. At 3 we officially finished the class then took I distributed their training certificates officially with a bow by calling their names and having them come up and get them.  Then they presented me a couple of gifts including a couple of Japanese bandannas and a tea cup set.  Then we took a bunch of pictures on our several cameras of the whole class.  After the students were dismissed I worked with the the trainers a little bit and then was asked to provide a small amount of tech support for an issue happening at that moment.  Han and I left the office at about 4pm. It was not raining at the moment we left but by the time the train arrived in Asakusa it was raining. Daniela waited outside and brought an umbrella to me. So finally she met Han.

We went into the room and relaxed for a little bit then were going to go out further for dinner but it was a total downpour when we got to the lobby. Han was coming back in from his dinner and he was soaked even with his umbrella. So we ate at Itanova (which apparently hotel residents get a 10% discount).  I had a grilled hamburger patty with demiglace sauce and rice and Daniela had a pizza margherita.  We also had some "focaccia" which was more like pita bread but was still nice enough. I tried a glass of shochu made from potato. Daniela had a glass of red wine.  After dinner we had dessert which was a piece of banana cheesecake for Daniela and  caramel macchiato. I had a bowl of assorted stuff including oranges, peaches, tapioca, coconut ice cream, red bean paste, rice mocchi dumplings and more. It was served with a black sugar sauce and a small glass of matcha.  I also had a coffee.  The dessert was surprisingly good.

After dinner we went out for a short walk to the temple and back. The rain had lightened up a bit so it was tolerable. Then we went back to the room and I crashed hard because I was so tired from the two nights before.

The pictures from Japan day 13 are located here.

No comments: