Sunday, November 03, 2013

Peru Fall 2013 Day 13

I woke up a bit earlier than Daniela and walked along the beach for a little bit. By the time I got back to the room she was just waking up.  We took it easy for the day and really didn’t do that much during the morning hours. She reheated the leftover fish for breakfast and we had some coffee too.

We lay in the hammock for a short time.  After a while we met our neighbors who moved in next door. They had some lobsters that they bought down the street and he was starting to cook them for their lunch. I also started preparing our lunch/dinner not long after. I made a fresh tomato based sauce for some pasta. We ordered a bottle of wine from the hotel. Unfortunately for me they sent a very sweet wine and I added some to the sauce and it made it very sweet but it was still good anyway. I would have preferred a bit more balance anyway.

After we ate we went out closer to the water and built a sand castle.  Eventually it got dark and we came in and tried to watch The Lion King but Daniela fell asleep before it finished and we called it a night.


The pictures for today are located here.

No comments: