Monday, April 15, 2013

Peru Spring 2013 Day 16


Partially because of the late night the night before we woke up fairly late and pretty much just stayed around the apartment rather than to do anything very exciting. We talked and watched the movie Brave on my computer. I tried to find Daniela Spanish subtitles to help but the track synchronization would not stay on target which made it a little tough but I think she got the majority of it. The difficulty she had was with the accents which made it harder for her to understand a lot of what was being said.  We both enjoyed the movie a lot but I will say it was not the best Pixar movie ever made (though I don’t think it was the worst either).  We ordered a pizza from the Papa John’s around the corner for lunch. It was pepperoni and mushroom and came with Buffalo wings too.   Both were actually pretty good.

After the movie we relaxed for a little while longer before getting ready for our dinner at La Rosa Marina  which is an upper end restaurant on the water down below Larco Mar and El Parque del Amor.  I have several pictures of it from up above it.  We were a touch late for our reservations but fortunately the place was not full and we didn’t really have to wait much more than a couple moments for our table to be ready.  We shared a bottle of Peruvian red wine called a tannat.  It was the Don Manuel variety from Tacama.  It had a very strong flavor which held up well with the food we got. For a starter I had the 5 onion soup and Daniela had the Niku maki which was a maki roll but made with acid seared beef instead of fish. The soup was good and the sushi was too if the rolls were maybe a bit too big for one bite eating.  For dinner I had the duck breast and she had mandarin style chicken.  I liked the duck a lot but it was a touch tough.  The chicken was tasty too.  For dessert I had the CafĂ© de Popa which was a coffee ice cream with coffee liquor and chocolate covered coffee beans and whipped cream.  I will have to ask Daniela again what she had for dessert. It was like a fruit flavored cheesecake but she said it is made with bacon fat instead.  There was a fruit sorbet as well.  I do not recall the name, it was sort of long.  We stayed at the restaurant until they told us it was closing then we took a cab back to the apartment and called it a night. I had to get up the next morning early to get on my flights back to Boston.

The pictures from today can be found here.

No comments: