Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Tucson February 2019 Day 3

I had to wake up even earlier today because we needed to get to the office before the students. Unfortunately Korianka also woke up super early today again. I her as I was just about to get into the shower but I chose to get my shower quickly and then I could get her changed and take her with me to breakfast. This would leave Daniela with more time to sleep.  She had a full poopy diaper as a surprise for me when I changed her but I have to thank solid foods for making it less messy than it was before them.

We went down and I tried to feed her some banana and puree but she didn't really want to eat and just spent the time playing and having people say hi to her. I ate hurriedly and made sure I could see her at all times till David arrived and I was able to get a couple other things.  When we finished, I brought her back to the room and woke up Daniela then David and I headed to the office.

The students started to roll in early and it was good to see a bunch of faces I haven't seen in quite a while. The class started and I think there were a lot of good questions. This was learning time for me and I really enjoyed the day from that standpoint. The Faxitron product lines are brand new to me as it is for the students an I finally got to see some technology different from what I have been teaching for a very long time by getting into this project. Still this week was the first time I have seen the devices physically.  David even brought us into the room where they make the Bioptics (Faxitron) detectors and we met Manny who does that day in day out. As with meeting the folks from Newark, DE it is always awesome to see someone who is good at what he does, loves what he does and is just so proud of what he does. It was a great experience.

For lunch we went to a sushi restaurant named Sachiko Sushi. Well it was a Japanese restaurant with a lot of options even for the non-sushi-eaters.  Some of the students got separated and ended up eating at different places. I had a sushi and spicy tuna maki lunch portion which was small. It was good but I needed extra sriracha for the spicy because they weren't spicy at all. I think the portion was a teeny bit too small but it was only $9 so I guess I cannot complain. 

After lunch it was back to class. We found that Daniela and Rene went to Old Tucson which is a former movie lot for westerns and has a couple of western style shows including an acted gunfight and all of that type stuff. I am sure it would have been good fun and I am jealous that I couldn't go but as I said this is a work trip. I am glad they got out though.

The rest of the day went through pretty smoothly and we drove back and agreed to go on our own for dinner. Daniela chose the other Peruvian restaurant she hadn't tried. It was called Incas. I had tallarin ala huancaina with bistek which was good but the noodles were far overcooked and broke instantly. Still the flavor was nice. Daniela had a fish dish. I tried their chilcano and it was very good. I had lucuma ice cream to finish out.  Overall a good restaurant. I didn't quite get if she liked the first or second one better.

Again Korianka was getting fussy by the end so we had to calm her down and she did fall asleep on the ride back to the car which was what she needed. She had a full day all over again.  When we got to the room we pretty much settled for bed almost instantly.

No comments: