Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Tucson February 2019 Day 2

I had to wake up early to get ready for work. This being a business trip I will be tied up the whole week with going back and forth to the Faxitron office where Daniela will have a bit more freedom.  Unfortunately for her much like I don't think I yet adjusted to the time change, neither did Korianka who woke up as though she was at home and too her mother with her.

So we all got ready and headed down to breakfast where I was to meet my coworker David. We fed Korianka some banana and some pureed baby food and ate our own breakfasts.  As is usual everyone comments on how beautiful Korianka is. And as usually she smiles all the time. 

After breakfast David and I had to drive off to the office which is about half an hour away. Driving around here is like driving in Miami, I think I mentioned this. You can't get anywhere directly without hitting 57 traffic lights and low speed limits so even though the distance is about 15 miles it is 30 to 40 minutes of travel time depending on the traffic. There is some traffic here but it is of course nothing like Boston.  The region reminds a lot of some of the places we have been in Peru. Rocky mountain-like foothills with sand and low scrub. The buildings are all one to three stories high and I cannot recall seeing anything higher. Lots and lots of cacti around here including the classic cartoon version all over the place.  The buildings look more finished than Peru but it has the same vibe.

It was chillier today with it reaching about 60 to the highest temperature. I was short sleeved of course but everyone else was all bundled up it appeared.  We got to the office and the day was a meet and greet and introduction to the products and material for me.  The actual class would start on Tuesday.  We ate lunch at a restaurant called ChickeNuevo which gave a lot of food. It was a Mexican style chicken restaurant. I had a roasted breast with beans and rice but couldn't finish it.  The day was mostly uneventful otherwise. Daniela went to a Peruvian restaurant on her own for lunch with Korianka of course and spent her day in the sun. I thought for certain she would be wearing a jacket but she didn't. Boston must be starting to rub off on her finally?

We got back to the hotel and got cleaned and ready for dinner. David's wife Rene also came to Tuscon so we all went to a famous restaurant called El Charro which is of course a Mexican place, though the one he chose wasn't the original location. To simplify things for the sheer number of us we drove separately and met there. It obviously gets really busy and they got us a table before it really started to get a wait fortunately. I had carne seca enchiladas and an Arizona made IPA which was non-remarkable. I didn't get the name. The enchiladas were tasty but the carne seca was too seca (dry).  Still they were good.  Korianka did start to get fussy by the end because it was getting late for her and she was crying by the time we got into the car. I was able to get the pacifier into her mouth and she fell asleep almost instantly.

We got back to the hotel and crashed for the night.

No comments: