Friday, October 16, 2009

Less than 1 Week to Peru

Technically by this time next week I will be in the town of Cusco, Peru. I should land at about 7:30 and I don't think it's that long from the airport to the hotel. The hotel/tour company is supposed to be sending someone to pick me up, so I don't even have to worry about that aspect of the trip. The flights will be overnight flights and in the dark the whole way which may give me a chance to get some sleep though historically I have not been able to sleep on planes. I at least won't have that person that opens the window to the sunshine every 10 minutes.

I am basically packed for the trip at this point. I have to borrow a couple more items from my brother which I will be getting tomorrow and I have to do some laundry to get a couple more clothing items ready but overall the majority of what I need is already in the bag.

I have never packed into a hiking backpack before. Every trip I've taken I have brought a backpack, but one that is meant to hold a laptop. This backpack is a tad bit bigger than my laptop bag but I am hoping they won't give me a hard time with its size. I think with it being under packed I should be ok though. I hope so anyway. The remainder of my gear is going into a suitcase which will make the trip in the belly of the plane.

I've managed to do a lot of walking/running/hiking over the past few weeks even in the bad weather and I have worked out almost every day except a couple where I went out with friends after work and think I'll be in proper shape for the hike. I have dropped almost 10 lbs since the trip to Denmark in which I gained 3 due to the excessive eating. I think it will be better for me to have less of me to carry through the mountains.

No comments: