Monday, August 31, 2009

Denmark 2009 Day 10

Though my flight was departing at 12:30 I got up early because we had to drop off the rental car and all that, plus I still had some sundry packing to do. It wasn't much. I got most of it done the night before but there's also the scan to see if anything is missing.

The drop off of the car went smoothly and checkin was quick as well. I bought some candy at the duty free and did a circuit of the airport shops and then just waited for the plane. The odd thing was you had to check into the waiting area and the didn't open it until they were ready to board so you had to stand the whole time which kind of sucked.

The flight to Schipol was easy, however I was landing as boarding time for the next flight was already started and I had to go through passport control so I had to rush. Of course the gate was across the airport a huge distance. I had to run it. It was thoroughly full flight though and things were a bit delayed so I ended up having to wait to board anyway. They screened security there. The flight took an extra half an hour longer than projected due to a strong headwind. This flight was to Detroit. I watched in order: Gran Torino, Watchmen (thankfully the blurred the blue thing), Monsters Vs. Aliens and most of a Japanese movie called Honkoaa Boy which I wished I watched all the way through instead of Watchmen ('cause I had seen that in the theater). The meal was passable.

In landing in Detroit we were late so I had to again rush, I needed to get through passport control, get my checked luggage, customs, recheck luggage and rescreen security. When I made it to the plane it was calling last boarding. They were getting ready to assign my seat to a standby but I managed to board and get back on time. Getting out in Boston was fairly easy and my checked bag was whole and early on the carousel.

No comments: