Friday, August 21, 2009

Denmark 2009 - Day 1

Ok, so, today was a day of work followed by a nice long trafficky drive to Logan. From there I found out that while my reservations say KLM Royal Dutch, I was flying NWA but really I was actually going to be on a Delta plane, go figure.

I got to the airport and managed my specific security screening quite well, just not the idiots in front of me. That said I really did get through all the check in and stuff fairly quick. I was at terminal A and the bar near my gate was a Boston sports themed bar. I ended up talking with some guy named Mike from Wisconsin about politics and World War I for a bit before getting on the plane. I bought myself 2 beers and he bought me one. Not bad.

The flight itself was uneventful if loaded with children. Took about 7 hours. No real turbulence, food was ok and even the bottle of wine was suprisingly free.

In Amsterdam, I found Schipol wasn't a terrible airport and I managed to find a T-shirt and a magnet. The short hop flight to Copenhagen was also very uneventful. I did score the emergency row window seat so I had quite a bit of room.

When I got in and got my bags I had to wait a couple minutes for George then we picked up the Kia rental car and headed back to his place where we hung out for a bit and I got cleaned up and such.

We headed in to Copenhagen and walked around for a while and I took a few pictures then settled on sushi for dinner. We shared a bottle of sake and they even had a creme brulee sampler. From there we walked around a bit more before heading back in for the night. I have been up for probably 40 hours or so.

I will start uploading the pics as soon as I can.

No comments: