Friday, December 26, 2014

Peru Christmas 2014 Day 6

We woke up fairly late due to the extremely late night/early morning (however you would like to put it). Everyone was up and about and we had a breakfast of panetone and coffee (for me anyway).  I was still full from the evening but everyone else had some Chinese rice and more turkey.  I was not able to eat any more than the one slice of panetone.  After we ate breakfast Daniela wasn't feeling great so we relaxed a bit longer then got cleaned up and headed back to the apartment. Edwin arrived so we were able to get a ride from him.  I took my shower at the apartment because I didn't have a change of clothes but Daniela had showered at the house.

We watched a bit of Monster House (in Spanish) while killing some time. I eventually ate the leftover pizza we had because by then I was hungry also.  When it got to about 5:10 we headed out to Lima downtown because we were going to see The Nutcracker with her whole family and their friend Mechi and her daughter Mishelle who was in our wedding.  We arrived in plenty of time and had a cup of coffee each before the start. Her family and everyone else however was late in arriving and the show was already slightly started before we all got in. Edwin and Donna were the latest of the bunch.  In any event we all got in not too far into the show.

The show was nice. It was the first time I had seen The Nutcracker live. They used children for the first part of the show before the intermission. They played all the rats and some of the soldiers and it was very cute. After the intermission they had all the real professional dancers. I would say the guy who did the Russian dance was probably the best though of course the lead female was excellent as well.

After the show everyone went their own ways. We walked around Lima downtown to find someplace to eat and happened into the cathedral where we found they had a boys choir singing Spanish Christmas carols (South American primarily I am sure).  I took a video of one of the songs.  They were probably mostly done because we only saw about 4 or 5 songs.  Then we walked around a bit further and found a place called the Atlantica and had sandwiches. I had a hamburger and Daniela had a chicken sandwich.  They were kind enough to make us food even though they initially told us the kitchen was closed. After dinner we got a taxi back to the apartment. By the way, the central square had one of the ugliest Christmas trees I've ever seen.

At the apartment Daniela had been coming down sick all day and we just got her some tea and wrapped her up in blankets and called it a night while playing a bit of Fantasia on the computer.

The pictures from today are located here.

No comments: