Thursday, September 18, 2014

Peru Summer 2014 Day 6

We had a slightly later start but not really too bad. Daniela had to go to the office to present documents to some passengers so I stayed in the apartment and waited for her. When she was done she texted me and I walked down to meet her at the office. From there we walked to a couple of Spanish schools that do immersion classes not for this trip but for the next trip. There were two and they seemed similar though one was a bit cheaper than the other. The one that was cheaper had good reviews on TripAdvisor too.  We didn't have to pay anything at this point so it was just information gathering.

After the school search we chose to eat dinner at La Trattoria di Mambrino which had moved to LarcoMar.  We had eaten at the restaurant on a previous trip in a different location.  The waiter was very good and sold up a bit. We each tried a different cocktail. Mine had pisco in it and Daniela's was a strawberry flavored vodka drink I think.  The drink I had was not my favorite but I typically don't do cocktails anyway.  We had bread with olives, onions and dried tomatoes as a focaccia style starter along with a different version of eggplant parmigiana that had less sauce and more cheese on it. Both were very good. I had Cacio e Pepe which was rigatoni with a pecorino emulsion sauce with crushed black pepper for my meal. Daniela had Fettuccine Magnifica which was a cream sauce with prosciutto.  I had a glass of chianti that was very good to go along with the meal after I finished the other drink.  The food was all very excellent and the waiter was very smart and talkative and did a good job of suggesting things.  For dessert I had the Cinco Leches cake which was the traditional Tres Leches but with coconut milk and creme caramel as well.  It was quite good. Daniela wouldn't have any because she says she doesn't like it.  She took only the teensiest bite.

When we finished eating we walked back to the room where Daniela again had to go to the office to help a passenger that also was collecting documents for travel. I used that time to download Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory which Daniela had never seen before. Somewhere in conversation the day before the Oompa Loompas came up and she said she had no idea what they were. So when she got back we settled in and I connected the computer to the TV and we watched it.  She was dead tired by the end of the movie and we just sort of passed out by that point.

No comments: