Sunday, April 06, 2014

Peru Spring 2104 Day 8

We had the very late to bed the night before so we also had a very late to start day.  After we got up we reheated some of the chicken and rice for Daniela for breakfast then she started working on the hundreds of facebook posts she received for her birthday and eventually while that was happening I was able to put the Bruins game radio broadcast on the computer and hear them beat the Flyers to clinch the number 1 seed in the east.  When the game was over I reheated the rest of the chicken and rice for lunch and Daniela went to bed to take a nap as she was still tired. I tried to but ended up sweeping the apartment floor, finishing the dishes and gathering up the trash and stuff like that to kill the time.

When she woke up we got cleaned up and walked to the Metro to buy some stuff for a small gathering of friends birthday party. Metro is a bit less expensive than the Vivanda which is closer so we decided for the extra walk. We bought sausages and small potatoes, some prepared sauces, cheese, chips and beer among other things.  The place was insanely crowded and all the register lines were long so we tried the preference to elderly and handicapped line.  A lady who had run over Daniela's foot with her mother's wheelchair was in front of us. A rude woman who was not the right age to be considered elderly cut us saying she was old and we shouldn't be there. The lady with the wheelchair told her Daniela was pregnant (no she is not). In any event it was an ugly scene for a few minutes (the girl at the register was slow for a preferential treatment line).  We paid up and took a taxi back to the apartment with how many bags we had even though it wasn't really that far of a walk.  We asked the guy at the desk where the garbage should be brought and he said to basement 1 floor.

After dropping off the food I brought the garbage down and got lost in the parking garage (which also connects to the next building). The doors were not marked basura or anything. I eventually guessed at what one door might be and found the garbage buckets and put away the stuff I brought down. I then chose the wrong elevator and ended up on the 11th floor of the wrong tower. I rode back down to the basement and switched over to the correct one then back up. The front desk security guy called to make sure I was ok because he could see on the surveillance cameras that I was lost.  Fortunately I was not.

I started preparing the sausages and Daniela cleaned and started the potatoes. The pizza arrived and I ate what I was going to while cooking. It took a few batches to get everything done.  Daniela had bought a precooked lomo saltado and ate that while we were prepping too. I had my first Cuscena Rojo while preparing the food.

She had sent out her invite earlier in the day but really I guess it was too late for many people to come, so that meant that only her sister and Edwin plus Donna's friend Kucha and her boyfriend Choclo came. They started arriving past 11. I was already ready for sleep.  Choclo brought tequila. No, I did not have any. We put on Latin music for most of the night. Kucha arrived last.  The did play a few rock songs and let me choose a couple of them too.  We ate the snack food and talked and had beers while a couple of them drank most of the tequila (mainly Choclo (no not sure what his real name is) and Donna).  After a while, hitting on past 3:30 I think I was told to go to bed because I was passing out in my chair. I did so and they stayed till past 6am anyway.  I managed some sleep before Daniela went to bed then we switched to the darker room away from the sun and I did manage to get a bit more (meaning an even later waking time the next day than the day before).

Today's pictures are here.

No comments: