Monday, December 30, 2013

Peru Christmas 2013 Day 6

As it was a Sunday and we had been up fairly late we again got a late start on the day and basically had no plans for what to do at all which I think was nice.  We really didn't have breakfast and eventually ordered another pizza from Papa John's as our lunch (along with some pepperoni rolls and chicken wings).  We got the TV working for displaying movies off a USB drive sort of and watched the movie Hero though I am sure Daniela didn't much care for it.  Unfortunately the TV wouldn't play several of the movie codec types I was hoping it would.  After that I was able to find the second half of the Patriots game on a live stream that was a fair bit choppy but at least I had an idea what was going on. I was happy to see they got the first round bye though I wish the Raiders could have at least put up a little bit of a fight.

After the football game was over we got cleaned up and dressed and took a bus out to a place that I wanted to take some pictures of the Christmas decorations. I think you will figure out what I mean if you look at the pictures from today. It happened there was a 4D heladaria across the street and we had some desserts and coffee or hot chocolate there.

We then got a cab to a movie theater and watched the movie Last Vegas which in Spanish was titled El Ultimo Viaje a Las Vegas (The Last Trip To Las Vegas). I think the joke gets lost a little in the translation.  It was cute and I laughed quite a few times through it.  Not typically a movie I would choose to watch but I did enjoy it.  We had popcorn and water to accompany the movie.

After the movie we walked back from the theater which is in San Isidro (one district off of Miraflores and where the olive tree park is) back to the apartment where we called it a night.

The pictures from today are located here.

No comments: