Thursday, December 26, 2013

Peru Christmas 2013 Day 2

Being on so little sleep from the day before I let myself stay in bed for a lot longer than I typically can. Of course I woke up a bunch of times and there were stretches where I was awake but wishing I was asleep but I think we managed to be in bed until 10:30 which is unheard of for me typically.

We got up and had a quick coffee for me and tea for Daniela. We really didn't do too terribly much during the day except relax and talk and such. Donna's boyfriend Edwin came over after a time and they were going to have lunch with us which was Chinese spaghetti made by Daniela's mother.  We tried to go out find some dessert for lunch after we showered unfortunately the places that were open didn't have anything worth buying and most places were closed. It ended up that Edwin and Donna brought some ice cream that they had at his apartment over for dessert as well.  After we ate we watched the movie the Lorax which is animated of course but was fortunately still subtitled rather than dubbed which is unusual for animated movies. It did however mean that all parties were able to enjoy it as I had not seen it before. It was cute and enjoyable but certainly I have seen better animated movies in my life. I think that it was better than Planes for what I saw of that though.

After lunch we eventually got packed up and headed over to Miraflores to our apartment on Varela which we have stayed in for some amount of time on each of my trips to Peru since I met Daniela. It was newly repainted and they do not appear to be replacing the big flat screen which a guest had broken before the last trip but still it is a nice place and has one of the best kitchens of any of the places we have stayed.  We got settled in and relaxed some more then eventually ordered pizza fro Papa John's for dinner. A pepperoni and hamburger pizza. I had a beer of the two we brought from Daniela's house. We also watched most of the movie Catch Me if You Can during the evening before settling in to sleep a bit after midnight.

Merry Christmas. Feliz Navidad.

Only 1 picture for today. No new pictures of the same apartment as I have taken enough of it by now.
Here it is.

No comments: