Saturday, December 28, 2013

Peru Christmas 2013 Day 4

When we got up I made French toast for breakfast using some Turtle Lane Maple Farms maple syrup (they're in North Andover just down the street from  me).  I think it came out decent enough but it does not appear to be Daniela's thing though she liked the maple syrup.

After breakfast we got cleaned up and walked over to Gabriel's office to finish up the wedding album.  He needed to take a picture of our rings to put in it and we finalized how it all looked. That didn't take too long. It was cool to see how quick he and his assistant Juliana can be.

From there we headed to Daniela's office where she had a bit of work to do. We spent a few hours there. I went for a quick shopping trip and helped out where I can.  She even had a walk up customer who found her because apparently the address also used to belong to a travel agency before hers.  In any event she sold him a hotel around Mancora where we stayed for our honeymoon.  He was driving there (good luck to him).

We had lunch at a Pardo's Chicken, having pollo ala brasa.  I had mine with a beer and Daniela had a lemonade. I forgot to take a picture but I have a few of Pardo's pollo and Cusquena by now anyway.  We had to head back to the office to finish out that sale after lunch then rush to the bank before it closed.  From there we tried to do some shopping for a birthday present from me for Daniela's mother. It was her birthday today. Not having much luck in Miraflores we took a very overstuffed bus ride to San Miguel and went to the mall where we bought her a dress from Ripley's.  We then ran to a bakery just down the street and bought a waybana cake for her at a small bakery named Gaby's I believe. Then it was on to Daniela's house to help out for the birthday party.

I think I mentioned before that birthday parties in Peru happen really late at night and the cake is supposed to happen at midnight.  So Donna was cooking anticuchos of beef heart and chicken plus some grilled beef intestine as well.  I helped peel some potatoes and set up a bit. We had wine and homemade chicha morada as well as the food.  Donna's boyfriend Edwin came over along with Daniela's aunt and great uncle (who is 93 years old).  We all sat in the car park area with the grill while Donna cooked.  The food was excellent but I probably could do without the intestine so much (too chewy).  There was a lot and I gave one of my beef heart anticuchos to Lucho.  Daniela's mom made the guys dance and I also danced with Daniela to various types of music.

A little bit after midnight we had the cake. I think the waybana fruit tasted a bit like green bananas but Daniela thinks I am crazy about that. I have no other comparison for it.  I had more cake than I needed though. I was stuffed. I danced a bit more then helped to clean up and Daniela washed the dishes while I helped as much as I could.  I think we finally were done about 1:30 to 1:45am where we immediately got outside and got very lucky catching an empty taxi right out of the gas station across Faucett from their house.  It was a quick ride back to the apartment as there was no traffic then immediately to bed as we were both totally exhausted from the day.

The pictures from today are located here.

No comments: