Thursday, November 05, 2009

Kyoto Hotel Selection and Such

Ok, for the time being I have reserved and have everyone reserving rooms in Kyoto Garden Hotel for our time in Kyoto. I have not gotten a confirmation from Marina but the review sites I have found list it as a clean place with good service and a reasonable price in a good location for tourists if nothing spectactular otherwise. Since we are mainly looking for places to sleep rather than a resort spa it seems like a reasonable gamble for me.

If we get commentary from Marina that the place is awful we will cancel and find another place but for my on paranoias I would prefer to have something reserved now so we aren't left with no place to stay when we get there. I did get a vibe that she is not nuts about staying around the palace area but it would make more sense for us to be there as complete tourists rather than to be on the outskirts and have to do a ton of travel to see the sites I think.

Aside from still having to order our rail passes in January I will be keeping an eye out here for our chance to reserve a tour for the Kyoto Imperial Palace. Like the Imperial Palace in Tokyo they provide tours if you reserve through their website. The Kyoto Palace tour is 60 minutes so a bit shorter than the Tokyo tour and I am sure it is provided in English by a headset but all the same I am sure I will enjoy it. Unfortunately they only have dates avaiable to February so far which means I have to wait a bit longer to do so.

No comments: