Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Some Basics for Denmark

For my return trip to Denmark I am not really planning the itinerary like I would if I were both on my own and working mainly from train schedules. We are however aiming for a few highlights that I figured I would point out for the sake of mention, not listed in any order.

First off I really want to make sure we can visit Egeskov Slot. This is one of the trips that will definitely require the rental car to get to as it is off the island a bit. It is privately owned but still open to the public. It looks really nice and even has the functional moat.

Second would be Frederiksborg Slot which is within range of where George lives as well. I know he has visited the location but has not done the full inside tour. We should hopefully be able to do that.

Third is Rosenborg Slot. Rosenborg is right in downtown Copenhagen and I have pictures of the outside. We intend to visit it in full this time.

Last time I went we visited Roskilde but it was a holiday so the place was moderately closed down. Fortunately the Viking Ship Museum was open as was the ability to row a replica viking ship. Assuming the weather holds up I would like to do this again because I had a real lot of fun the first time but we might actually have enough people to fill the boat up as it will be true summer.

Beyond that we are going to wing the whole trip, these locations included. If we miss some of them I will not be too brokenhearted but those are the main highlights I'd appreciate.

No comments: