Sunday, July 19, 2009

Jeep Jamboree Day 4 - Epilogue

Today started with a very late morning by Jeep Jamboree standards. We had to meet everyone at 9am to start on the road back. In the course of heading back we were going to stop at Blanche and Bill's Pancake House, a place where we ate last year on our way home. We had to organize something like 10 Jeeps and the people within to get going.

After cleaning up and packing up we headed down to the lobby of the hotel to check out and then ran into some of the troop at the parking lot there. We ended up having 1 Jeep with a leaky tire, another that had to reconnect the sway bar and another that ended up dropping the front drive shaft as we were heading to the breakfast place so we really didn't get there before 10, maybe 10:30. I never really checked the time. When we got there with something like 13 people they weren't ready for such a large crowd and we had to wait a bit to get in and then wait a bit to get the food. All in all the breakfast was very good though. I think I had 3 cups of their coffee to accompany french toast with blueberry sauce, sausage and bacon.

After we ate we lined everyone up and took a few pictures. I ran into the restaurant and grabbed a patron to take a couple snapshots for us. From there we started the long convoy to our respective homes dropping people off along the way.

This Jeep Jamboree was a lot more fun for me than last year. I suppose the extra 2 runs under my belt and a very accurate set of choices in trails really made it an enjoyable experience. Before the runs I was teetering on whether I would do it again next year, but now I am pretty sure I want to again.

No comments: