Saturday, May 10, 2008

Denmark Day 1

The day actually started the night before in Boston. My flight took off at 9:30pm on time. We had a 4 hour and 40 minute flight that was uneventful until I landed in Iceland. The landing was interesting because we found the runway then couldn't decide which direction it faced for a couple moments. Iceland was pouring rain and dismal. The couple I was sitting next to was spending 6 days there. I wished them luck, but they said the forecast didn't look great.

The airport was odd. There are no places to sit and they don't board planes by area. People just lined up and pushed onto the plane when they started to board. The second flight was 2 hours and 45 minutes. It left a teeny bit late. It also was uneventful until the landing where the pilot figured that we should take the last 100 feet down in as short a time as possible.

George met me at the airport and we took a cab into his place. His place is sorta small but there's enough room for one person easily and a second can survive for short burts there as well. After getting cleaned up we went out to downtown Copenhagen and walked around. He showed me a lot of the various sights that are quick to see and I picked up a CPH card to use on Saturday. We went to a restaurant called Reef N Beef which is an Australian styled chain and I had some VB and bacon wrapped kangaroo filets. The food was excellent.

I'll post my first set of pictures tonight as we are about to head out.

No comments: