Saturday, April 04, 2015

Peru Spring 2015 Day 7

We started later again because it was Good Friday holiday here. I had the second piece of pizza and some coffee for breakfast and watched the video of our wedding we got a few weeks before. It had some errors we can hopefully get fixed (name misspellings) but it was overall done well and was fun to watch.  About the time I got to the reception Daniela joined me in watching it and ate the rest of the grapes we had. We got cleaned up and headed to her house to start visiting some of her family.

We ate at a small restaurant inside a market called Sergio's Cevicheria with her family before getting around to making the visits. I had a fried fish which was served whole on the bone (Daneila ordered it too but thought like I did that it would be a filet so she swapped with what her brother ordered). I did my best to eat the meat but the bones were not as clean as her brother's or mother's fish I will full admit. They served with rice and red onion salad. We had chicha morada as well.

After lunch we visited her Tia Lucha whom she said she had not seen in about 3 years. She looks to be in her 70s or so and was a very nice and direct lady who reminded me a lot of my grandmother. We also met Daniela's cousins Eddy an Liz.  They served some white wine and we talked for probably about 2 hours. Most all of it was in Spanish and I did what I could to follow along. Most of the conversation was about this and that relative and memories of such and what each one was doing more than anything.  They were very nice hosts.

When we finished there we took the same taxi who took us to their house by calling him. He was still in the area and picked us up and brought us to meet Daniela's Aunt Silvia who read at our wedding.  She and her son Andres were in a procession for the cross and we met them at a church where we saw a small presentation of the passion of the Christ in the common area in front of the church. I had never seen anything like it. Especially the girls yelling things as narrators I guess.  When that finished we walked to Silvia and Otto's house to visit. Otto and Diana also were there and we talked to them for a couple of hours. They served sandwiches and sliced peaches and some soda as well.  They showed us their dalmatian dogs as well. They liked me of course.  The younger one was named Ringo and was only a few months old at best but probably already as big as Murphy, my nephew's boxer.  I gave Ringo a couple of treats for sitting. He is already starting to be trained which is cool. I think we stayed there for a couple more hours and then because my mother-in-law was passing out asleep in her chair we decided to leave and get her mom and brother home on their way and we headed to Ed and Donna's house.

At Ed and Donna's house we listened to music and Ed and I went to buy cake and wine and we listened to music and drank wine until midnight. At midnight we had some champagne and a birthday cake for Daniela. It was a chocolate cake. We even bought candles. We drank the champagne and ate the cake and listened to music for a couple more hours or so before we took a taxi back to the apartment and basically immediately passed out.

No comments: