Friday, April 03, 2015

Peru Spring 2015 Day 4

We got going in the morning with a quick breakfast then Daniela went downstairs to work in the office and I waited a little while then I started a short walk around the neighborhood but Daniela called me back to the office. We had to do some basic office chores which were primarily banking then we had lunch with Dianita in a small place around the corner from the office. I had a fish with garlic sauce which came with rice and potatoes. For a starter I had potatoes with huancaina sauce so I didn't really eat the second potatoes.  The fish was good but maybe not the best I have had.  We were served a juice of some sort to go along with it. After lunch we had to do a bit more at the office then we tried to help Donna get a new phone which turned out to no be possible at that moment so we went back to the office. Daniela's mother came and she and I went to Vivanda to buy food for making carapulcra which is a Peruvian dish using papa seca (dried potatoes).

After that we sent my mother-in-law home and again went to a different Claro store and this time we were able to buy Donna a replacement phone that she was happy with.  This carried us late enough that we headed down to Larcomar after leaving Donna at her bus too.  There we got tickets for The Theory of Everything (which was in English but subtitled). We bought nachos which were kind of bad and popcorn and ended up eating all of the food before the movie started.

The movie was actually quite good and it was nice to see it without all the problems the plane had in showing it. I could see the sad points hit Daniela. We both really liked it. The main actor who played Steven Hawking did a great job.  After the movie it was back to the apartment and to bed.

No comments: