Sunday, January 25, 2015

Peru Christmas 2014 Day 13

I am sure that we woke up late. I think it might have been around 10:30 or so but since we got to sleep some time deep after 3am it made sense in a way. I don’t think we really drank that much so neither of us really had any sort of hangover but I had an emergency trip to the bathroom in the night and I was hoping I was better by morning.  We got cleaned up (I was pleased to find out the shower worked better) and headed out to a restaurant that served farm raised (on the premises) trout as a primary dish to meet her friend Elisabeth Yenny (call her Jenny) and her husband Fulvio who is originally from Italy. Jenny also worked onboard the same cruise ships Daniela did back in the day and that was how they met.  Jenny lives in Arequipa and the couple had a pizza shop that they were deciding to close and open a different one due to location issues.  Also to come along were there friends Lucecita and her boyfriend Andrea (also an Italian) and another couple that I am sorry I really can’t remember their names but they were more quiet than I was.  The wife was pregnant.  Fulvio was sick from eating bad calamari during their New Year party wherever they went so he really didn’t eat or drink much. 

Guess what, I had to again run to the bathroom (which didn’t have a seat and only had paper towels outside of the stall) because I again had an emergency. I had had a little bit of beer before this and I stopped immediately.  Apparently the restaurant was on some sort of holiday menu which meant it only had about half of what it typically serves and everyone got upset and we decided to go somewhere else.  So they settled up the beer and we all piled out and walked to a new restaurant about 7 blocks away with a short ride from a local family’s van. 


The new restaurant was on what Fulvio called Calle de Cholesterol.  Their specialty was also chicharon and all sorts of other deep fried things.  Daniela ordered lamb ribs. I had a dish of white rice because of my stomach. They had a lot of beer amongst everyone but I just had water. We had spots of dancing as this place had live music that continued throughout the time that we were there. I think we met at the first restaurant somewhere between 12 and 1 and left the second restaurant around 6:30 or so.  They were all very funny people but it was of course very difficult to follow everything because there were only a few spots of English in the conversation. I did my best to keep up but at times I had to tune out because it was too much concentration with all the people talking and the music in the background.  They were definitely a partying sort.  It was a long day for me.  After that Daniela had hoped to have dinner with her family but I begged off and she agreed probably because she was full from the lunch. We went back to the hotel and took it easy for the night. 

No comments: