Sunday, October 27, 2013

Peru Fall 2013 Day 8

Today was the day. I woke up probably around 7:30 and had some toast and coffee for breakfast. I think I had about 4 or 5 cups. I did sleep reasonably well but I knew it was going to be a full day. We started getting ready probably around 11 because the photographer was supposed to come in and get some posed and candid shots of the preparation. We were to be picked up by a van at 12:30 and he was pretty close to on time. Daniela's friend Diana came just a few minutes before the pickup and was there to help out with getting us there and ready.  The ride there was easy and without any real traffic.

We had the invitations printed with 2:00pm for the start time knowing that most people would arrive by 2:30 and that was the official start time. I was a bit confused on a couple details but I spent a few minutes greeting people as they came in and then eventually it was time to start. Sue was the eldest representative female from our family so she walked me down the aisle. They don't just have the groom wait up front like we do.  Dad and Daniela's mom came after then the bridesmaids then the flower girl and ring bearer girl (who were Michelle and Sara respectively).  Then finally the beautiful bride. She looked incredible and her dress was beautiful. I could feel nothing but happiness.

The father was a Polish man who spoke Spanish and Polish but not English. The mass went off quite well. I will not explain all the details as there will be tons of pictures and video. We split up some of the time in English and some of the time in Spanish.  We exchanged our vows combining English and Spanish, for example.  I could understand a lot of the sermon though it was given in Spanish.  He spoke slowly and clearly and joked a lot.  I think the mass and Catholic wedding went of perfectly.

After the mass we ran over to the beach and took a few pictures before time ran out and we needed to be present at the restaurant for the civil wedding.  We were able get a lot of good pictures and a lot of people congratulated us as we or they passed by.

The civil wedding was a lot quicker but still had quite a few details for the municipal officer Senora Milagrito as Daniela called her.  There were vows and signatures and fingerprints to be done.  It was nice and she did a great job.   The restaurant was decorated wonderfully. There were more flowers than I could have imagined and they were all great.  We had a DJ for music and had a toast almost immediately. Then Daniela and I, Dad and Daniela's mom, Gary and Donna (Daniela's Sister) all gave speeches.  We were then able to escape again to take more pictures but our plans changed and we ended up on  a small dingy on the water just outside the restaurant with everyone watching.  That was a lot of fun and I think Gabriel, the photographer got a lot of great pictures.

When we got back in we had our meal quickly, it was roast pork with rice pilaf and a sweet potato.  Then they started the music for dance and I don't recall doing anything but dancing until we left the party. Daniela cried at our song. It was a lot of fun but also exhausting. La Hora Loca came in and made people dance even more. La Hora Loca is the The Crazy Hour. Entertainers come in with costumes and make people dance.  That was also a lot of fun.

We escaped the wedding a little bit early and had our pictures taken at the airport. We had some trouble getting parking but we managed it. Inside we did a scene like I was just arriving in my tux and she was waiting in her wedding dress. We met in the arrivals area and I picked her up and swung her around. The people waiting there cheered and applauded for us.  Then we went up to the food court and took a few more pictures among the clapping of people watching. It was strange I will say but I had fun doing it and i think Daniela did too.

After the airport it was back to Daniela's house where we went to bed for an early wake up to be on an airplane for 6am.

Pictures will be found here.

No comments: