Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Anaheim 2013 Day 5

I woke up at 3am and got ready then went to Dad and Peggy's room and we quickly finished packing and were checked out by 3:50 or so.  We got on the road and the drive was very traffic free all the way to LAX. I was not fond of the fact that there were not a lot of signs pointing you to the rental car return locations and it if wasn't for a couple lucky educated guesses I would probably have taken a very long time to find the Avis location.  We were probably in and through check-in and security by 5am.  Then we had to wait a while for the plane. I would rather do that than to get stuck in traffic and almost miss a flight. Peggy and I got a quick breakfast from the Burger King in the terminal.

The flight was a little bit bumpy but nothing terrible. It probably took about 5 hours and 15 minutes or so to complete. They had to pass Logan and come back in from over the water due to the strong winds.  I read for most of the flight and slept for a little bit. Unfortunately I didn't notice until too late that they were showing Wreck It Ralph or I probably would have watched that.

We had to wait over 20 minutes for our checked baggage (I think the handlers had a shift change right in the middle of our wait). But that meant basically no wait for our Flightline van which was pulling up to the terminal just as we were ready.  The ride was basically uneventful and the driver was the quietest I've ever seen from Flightline.

Overall it wasn't a bad trip but even from that little exposure I could tell I wouldn't want to live in California.  There are just too many people in that region and I think their normal is not my sort of normal.

No comments: