Sunday, February 17, 2013

Anaheim 2013 Day 3

We started off the day with the hotel breakfast buffet. Typically I am not a fan of them but at least it was only $9 here. I wonder if the Denny's right out front affects their prices.  I had bacon, toast, yogurt and fruit along with a fair amount of coffee.  After breakfast we sort of split up for a while and I chose to spend around 45 minutes walking up and down Placentia Avenue to at least get some exercise in for the day. It was fairly hot out but not terrible and the sun was shining the whole time. When I got back to the hotel I ran into Beth's father and we talked for a few minutes.   After that I found Gary, Sue and Sara who were going to go do some laundry at the laundry mat next door and I went with them for a few minutes.  After a short while I went back to the room and Daniela and I were able to get a nice amount of time together on Skype. It is not the same as getting to have her here or course  but it was still a very good part of the day for me.  When we were done it was time to get cleaned up and dressed for the wedding. They wanted us to be ready to have some pictures taken.

Over at Dave and Beth's room the various Marines that were going to be in the wedding were showing up and getting dressed and we waited around and took a few pictures ourselves.  They had us move outside and we took a bunch of pictures outside the hotel too. When that was done we headed to the restaurant which was named Angelo and Vinci's.  I believe it is relatively famous.  If I understood things correctly it might have been owned by an actor from the 50s and 60s.  Not really sure but there was a lot of pictures of this one guy named Steven Peck.  Of course we were there a bit early and they were still setting up but we managed to fumble around and eventually they got people seated and the ceremony started.  The wedding itself was simple and to the point.  Annie looked great in her dress and William was all decked up in his dress blues of course. The reverend was funny too, putting in a few jokes, which was nice. Sara was the flower girl and to everyone's surprise she got through the entire ceremony doing everything she was supposed to do and didn't run away and hide. We were all very proud of her.  Of course she was very tired after it was over and Sue took her back to the hotel before the food started.  The food was buffet style and had 2 types of pasta and eggplant parmesan.  It was good. The night was fun but we stayed until 11pm when Dad and Peggy were really tired and wanted to go back and I was tired enough too.  All in all it was a pretty long day but the wedding was why we were here and it went off great.

The pictures from today are all about the wedding and are located here.

No comments: