Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Colombia 2012 Day 10

We woke up late since we had such a late night and decided to just relax and take it easy as this was the day we would both be heading to our own respective homes. She in Lima and me in North Andover.  It was hideously rainy all morning so we really didn't miss much there either. We checked out of the hotel at a bit past 1 and then had lunch and then played with the internet for a few minutes before getting our arranged ride back to the airport. Check-in was easy. Daniela had similar tickets to the one that got us to San Andres a few days before but this time she had no trouble getting her seats right away.

The first flight of the day was from San Andres to Bogota. We were basically on time. I think we both slept a lot through it.  The flight was a bit bumpy but it was one of the smoothest landings I have ever experienced. When we landed in Bogota we had to make a long trek from the national airport to the international side.  This meant a strange bus ride followed by entering the airport through what felt like a back door. Since Daniela was staying with Avianca to Lima she was already checked all the way through. Unfortunately I was switching to American which did not yet have a check-in booth ready until basically after Daniela had to go in and board.  We hung out together as long as we could then said our long good byes at the security gate.

When she was inside I went back and the gates were starting to open. I waited in until a man took me out and had me use self check-in. Unfortunately the machine didn't let me check bags that way and I had to go to baggage drop and check in anyway. It really didn't save me any time from just waiting in the line as normal.  In any event by the time I got through security her plane had already boarded and was closed.  So I basically found my gate and got some water and found an outlet to plug in the laptop and charged the laptop and my cell phone and wrote some of the blog up.

The plane boarded on time. It was a 757. The flight was uneventful. I slept through most of it.  They served a meal but I did not eat it.  We landed a bit early in Miami and I got to exercise my second usage of Global Entry. I was the first one through passport control due to it and I got to go through the crew line for customs after I got my bag. I was not inspected as I went through.  By the time I got to my gate for  my next flight including having to use the skyway tram I was more than hour early. I chose to find a seat and fall asleep there.

The flight to Boston was also on a 757 and was basically uneventful though I was surrounded by kids. I managed to get another hour or so of sleep then just waited out the rest of the flight. We landed at almost exactly 10am. After deboarding I got my bag quick and was on my way home using Flightline in short order. I got home at about 11:30am.

The solitary picture from 10 (which is technically days 10 and 11) is located here.

No comments: