Friday, February 17, 2012

Japan 2012

I realize the posts about the Iceland trip haven't even gotten stale yet but I have booked flights to Japan for this summer. I will be leaving July 21 and returning August 8. In the time I am there I will be spending the bookends of the trip staying in Tokyo in the Villa Fontaine Hamamatsucho and spending a week in Sapporo.  As of yet I have not booked a hotel in Sapporo as I wanted to check with Marina if she had any suggestions before I made any decisions. The Villa Fontaine was basically what I wanted where I wanted so I didn't feel a need to change.

Sapporo is on Hokkaido which is the northern island of Japan. I am going to take Japan Airlines back and forth. The trip by rail would be about 10+ hours and by plane is only an hour and a half. Even with airport hassles it makes sense.  I purchased the domestic Japan flights through the oneworld Yokoso Japan Fare. Since I booked my flight to Japan via American Airlines this trip I was entitled to this special deal. For the record the fares can be purchased here.  It is a few pages jumps to find this otherwise.  As with the previous Japan trips, I am finding a lot of the helpful stuff like that through Japan Guide.

I am sure I will again purchase a JR pass to get around the country as it is valid everywhere and JR is helpful for getting around Tokyo.  That will be further down the road of course as they want it purchased within 3 months of arrival.

More to come as it happens.  Probably some Iceland stuff soon too.

No comments: