Friday, May 01, 2009

Leaving Today

My flight leaves Boston at 6pm and I will have a 1:45 stopover in Dublin before reaching Charles De Gaulle at a bit before 10am France time if all goes well. Weather in Boston forecasts showers and a bit of wind. Paris shows a partly cloudy day with temperatures near 70 or so (which is ideal to me).

This trip will be different from the last in that I will not be working just before I head to the airport. Originally it was my intention but the difference in how early the flight was and the fact that I still need to use up a bunch of vacation time before October 1 (our fiscal year changeover) meant it would be easier in the long haul. The experience of working until I head to the airport is a strange one because there's not a lot of motivation to think about work though I did manage ok the last couple times. The fact that Fridays can be very slow does make it mildly uncomfortable though.

Well, I won't have to think about that today. Instead I'll concentrate on making sure I have everything I need (which I am pretty sure I do) and probably working off some anxious energy until we head to the airport.

See you from the other side of the pond.

No comments: