Monday, November 03, 2008

Sweden Epilogue

So the limitation with going to Sweden for my birthday trip is that a lot of the touristy places are closed for the offseason, nonetheless there was still a lot to do and I enjoyed the trip thoroughly.

Eventually the rain had to catch up with one of my vacations and this turned out to be the one but it was not the whole trip anyway. I enjoyed walking in the cooler weather much more so than if it had been really hot but I suppose that it would never be really hot in Sweden.

The food there was overall fantastic and even the small cafeteria type places have a great eye for presentation besides being good cooks. I walked a lot but I ate a lot so I probably only made it to even on the weight loss/gain situation.

The small prop plane was definitely interesting and clambering on and off a plane directly from the tarmac was different.

I would definitely go back to Sweden again but it would likely be best to go in late spring or summertime just to have more attractions open during the course of the week. The time of day that things open doesn't seem to change year round. Scandies are late starters and that won't change so 10 to 11am no matter what. Having a full northern summer day and not having anything open for hours after I get on my way might be kind of maddening but I guess wandering would still be fun. The countryside I saw also looked spectacular and if you're into outdoorsy things it looks like a great country to visit in summer weather.

No comments: