Sunday, November 02, 2008

Sweden Day 9

Not much to say about today really. I got up moderately late and went down for breakfast at about 8:30. When I got back to the room I finished the last minute packing and then watched TV until about 10:00. From there I marched down to central station with suitcase in tow. I should mention the tiled nature of the sidewalks, even though mainly downhill, coupled with their rain troughs made it a very bumpy ride to the train. From there I was able to catch the Arlanda Express right at the time I got there and use the last day of my rail pass for it so it didn't cost me anything extra. As with in Denmark, finding an Icelandair checkin booth is not easy and I found the SAS self checkin booth then dropped my bag off and had to cross completely across the front of terminal to get to the gate I needed. The terminal after security is small but it did have a couple shops and a cafeteria to eat lunch. I had what was called pasta with pesto which turned out to be a sort of ravioli with a dryish pesto filling covered with a creamy zucchini and mushroom sauce. It wasn't bad but just not what I was expecting. It probably could have been kept a tad bit warmer though.

The plane to Iceland boarded on time and we were 3 hours and 15 minutes in the air. The plane for Boston also departed on time and we even arrived in Boston about 20 minutes ahead of schedule. The rest is a ride home from my brother then unpacking and watching at least some of the Patriots game.

The picture from day 9 can be found here.

No comments: