Thursday, November 12, 2015

Miami 2015 Day 7

This was supposed to be an easy day to relax but instead we started off by me canceling the corporate card I forgot to cancel then night before then walking over to the police station to try to file a report. We were given the number to the Port Everglades police dispatch who took information and gave us the number to the ferry terminal which we had already called with little luck.  So we got the rental car and then drove to the port to speak to people directly.  Of course just as you might expect the people at the ferry terminal were not really much help. We found out they don't have any security cameras in the terminal especially where the security line goes. They called up other people who said they didn't have any turned in wallets.  It was a few minutes of basically finding out as much as we could have already figured out. That the wallet was gone and there would be no finding it at all.  So from there we took a turn at the port police. We were able to find an officer directing traffic at an exit to one terminal and he explained how to get to the local area police station and that he would call another officer to meet us there.

We drove to the police station and officer S. Jackson did meet us there and he wrote out a report of our incident to be submitted to the police report.  He was definitely a bit older and you could see he was fighting with using the computer a bit but still he managed to get it done. I realized still that this process would just put it in the books but no police work would go beyond that report. I am not surprised by it but mostly disappointed with the lack of security cameras in the terminal.  

After this couple of hours had passed we drove back to the hotel and after getting the car parked walked over and had lunch at El Tropico which was a Cuban restaurant. I had the churasco and Daniela had a liver dish which I cannot remember the name of at the moment. She had some fresh juice and I had a Presidente or two.  The food was very good and I was unable to have dessert at the amount I ate.

After we got back to the hotel I asked permission to turn on the AC and crash for a bit, which is what I did. I was exhausted and rather annoyed still and the cooler air with the AC gave me the first respite I had from the temperatures of Miami for sleeping and I slept well.  Daniela took a long walk along the beach and was on her way back when I finally woke up a few hours later. 

When she got back we sat out on the balcony and watched the end of a wedding reception from a wedding that was held on the beach at the hotel.  Then we started to watch the movie Good Will Hunting. The surf was sort of loud for the speakers of the laptop and we ended up moving inside to hear better. After the movie it was bed.

No comments: