Sunday, January 12, 2014

Peru Christmas 2013 Day 9

Owing to a very very late night on New Year's Eve into New Year's day we really didn't get going very early in the morning of my last day in Peru. When we did wake up it was pretty much time to clean up the apartment and pack up for departing. We had some small sampling of breakfast first then it was cleaning and packing. It didn't take us too long to get our stuff together and Daniela found us a taxi to her house where we would spend the day in concept before I had to get to the airport.  Even though it was New Year's Day after we got to her house we headed to the mall to get lunch. The mall itself was closed but all the restaurants inside were open.  We initially tried Don Bellisario but she couldn't get pork there and she wanted pork so after a quick limonada we paid up and headed to the Chili's instead. There she got the enchilada soup then pork ribs with golden barbecue sauce and I got a burger with spicy sauce and jalapenos on it.  The food was good considering it was a Chili's.  I had a chocolate shake with my meal.

After lunch we walked around a bit then headed back to the house and really just took a nap for a few hours after which we got everything sorted out and said good byes to the family and we headed to the airport.  I checked in and we did a little shopping and then had a small snack at the 4D. I had an enchilada and some ice cream and she had a dessert and we had coffee too.

After the snack we walked around a tiny bit more then it was on to the security check-in and a sad good bye. I was able to get through security and immigration fairly easily and was there only a couple minutes before they started boarding the plane. That wait wasn't too long and things all got out on time and without much issue.  We were on a United flight which was a 757-800.  It was a full flight but I had a spot for my backpack up top. This flight was straight to Newark.  I watched Iron Man 3 which I didn't like and Monsters University which I did like and fell asleep during the second Percy Jackson movie which I didn't like.

We arrived in Newark a bit early and I used the Global Entry to get through immigration quickly but there really wasn't much of a line anyway.  It did take a long time to get my bag and get through customs but even that was plenty of time to get to the gate for my flight to Boston.  I waited around and it boarded basically on time and though it also was full it boarded quick and we left early. All of this happened with the threat of a big storm in the northeast. The storm was in full swing when I landed in Boston but the Flightline picked me up and brought me to the office without issue. I met David there and after finishing out my day at work he drove me home.

Sorry some of this is probably a touch off from the exact events because I took to long to get to writing it.

The pictures from today are located here.

No comments: