Monday, July 08, 2013

South Caribbean Cruise Summer 2013 Day 10 & 11

We arrived to the hotel at around 2:30pm or later so we pretty went straight to bed and woke up sort of late and got going just at the very edge of check-out time. We did manage to get a few minutes in the Jacuzzi before we had to leave but we would have liked a bit longer than we got. Apparently someone had already booked the next day on us and we couldn’t do a late checkout though.

From the hotel we took a cab to Daniela’s house and met with her mother and sister. Her brother is traveling to India for vacation right now so he was not home. Oh and of course I got to see Forest again.  They took me to a local buffet restaurant that is apparently in the Guinness Book for having created the largest ceviche ever. At least the chef is anyway.  The food was good even if I am not really a fan of buffet.

After the lunch we went back to the house and watched Puss in Boots in Spanish on TV.  Or Gato en Botas if you wish.  They had not seen it before, but I had so it didn’t really matter that it wasn’t in English to me.  Then Daniela and I went to the mall and had a dessert at the Gelato factory and did some shopping for a couple small things including a pen to write on lock as we put it on a heart in front of the mall.

After the mall it was a taxi to Daniela’s house to pick up my bags and off to the airport.  Of course my flight was delayed and I had an extra hour to wait so fortunately Daniela waited with me until my plane was listed as landed and I knew I would have to get into security and the immigration line before I could board. While we were waiting we had a small pizza from Papa John’s. Oh and I asked her to marry me while we were waiting too.

She said yes.  We don’t fully know how everything is going to work out but it will be time to start all the plans as soon as we can.  Still we are both very happy for the future ahead of us.

I boarded the plane and barely found a place for my backpack. Planes with in seat entertainment have big boxes in the aisle seat foot areas. I would not have been able to fit the bag down there. Unfortunately the seat I had was the only one on the plane that had a two prong headphone jack and they didn’t have an adapter. Fortunately I mostly wanted to and was able to sleep anyway.  The flight did have some serious bumps on it, especially before we reached North America, but we landed uneventfully all the same.

Getting into Newark I was a bit concerned that I would not have enough time to get to my next flight. But surprise, that flight was delayed too. I should have figured it. 3 out of 4 flights being delayed. That’s what I get for a mileage purchased flight I guess.  At least it gave that small amount of buffer that the first flight’s delay had eaten up on me. 

The flight to Boston was quiet and I slept through most all of it. The rest is simple really. I disembarked, got my bag and was picked up by my father and back home by 1pm.

The pictures from day 10 can be found here.

No comments: