Thursday, April 29, 2010

Roma Pass

I forgot to mention the Roma Pass. Basically like most other major tourist cities out there, Rome has a tourist pass that allows free or discounted access to the major attractions in the city.

This particular card allows free access to the first 2 museums or sites visited using the pass (find the expensive ones first I guess) then reduces the ticket price for any other sites or museums you visit on the list. It gives unlimited use of the transit system in Rome including the buses, Metro and some of the regional trains.

Their pass is valid for 3 days and currently costs 25EU. It is valid from activation at first site and then to midnight of the 3rd day.

I suspect I will buy one for after my stint in Sicily, but I am not certain yet. The Appian Way is only a couple EU to enter and I will be walking to it. This means I would use it for a cheap entry and I would only need it for a day or so before I leave which wastes the value.

No comments: