Monday, March 30, 2009

Aer Lingus update

So, this Sunday afternoon I received a call from Aer Lingus telling me that my connecting flight from Ireland to Boston has been canceled on May 13. They offered me several options, including spending a night in Ireland then finishing the flight home on May 14. Switching both flights to May 12 or switching both flights to May 14. I could not reconcile shortening up the vacation at all and it didn't seem to me I wanted to spend just the one night in Ireland as I would then be losing time and energy getting to a hotel and then returning to the airport. My option became taking the flights on the 14th and then booking one more night in the hotel in Paris. I was able to get the same hotel without any issue for the same price. I guess it will all work out. I am certainly not going to complain right now about having another day in France. It will make my Paris visit that little bit more leisurely to have the extra day.

No comments: